Broker Public Portal Announces Seven New Board Members
ARROYO GRANDE, CA, JUNE 15, 2017 — Broker Public Portal (BPP), a collaborative venture between real estate brokerages and MLSs to create a national consumer home search experience defined by simplicity, integrity and common sense, today welcomed seven new members to its Board of Managers. “It is an honor to serve with so many great leaders of our industry to develop this company, and I am grateful for the time and commitment given by each of my colleagues that are stepping down from the board. I am equally excited to for the introduction of new leaders who will shepherd us into the future,” said Merle Whitehead, Broker Public Portal LLC Chairman.
The Broker Public Portal Board of Managers is designed to include a fair and balanced group of executives who represent the interests of large, medium and small brokers as well as independent managers and multiple listing service (MLS) organizations. Agent count of participating firms establishes the size of brokerages eligible. The nominating committee of the board has seven of the current directors and was chaired by Joan Docktor of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach. The board has staggered terms of three and two years in each category.
- Changes To The MLS Category
- Kirby Slunaker of REcolorado will be stepping down from the MLS Board of Managers after serving a two-year term. Tim Dain of Mid America Regional Information Systems (MARIS) will be replacing Slunaker. John Mosey of NorthstarMLS, Cameron Paine of Smart MLS, and Rebecca Jensen of Midwest Real Estate Data (MRED) will remain on the Board of Managers.
- Changes To The Large Firm Category
- Robert Moline of HomeServices of America, Chris Heller of Keller Williams Realty, and Howard “Hoby” Hanna of Howard Hanna Real Estate Services, all of whom have served two-year terms, will be stepping down. Taking their positions on the Board of Managers will be Gurtej Sodhi of of the Crye-Leike Group of Companies, Mary Frances Burleson of the Ebby Halliday Companies, and Cary Sylvester of Keller Williams Realty. Large firm representatives remaining on the board will be Merle Whitehead of Howard Hanna Real Estate Services and Joan Docktor of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach.
- Changes To The Mid-Sized Firm Category
- Among the mid-sized broker managers, Drayton Saunders of Michael Saunders & Company will be stepping down after serving a two-year term. Pat Shea of Lyon Real Estate will be replacing Saunders and will be joined by returning directors Richard Haase of Latter & Blum Realtors along with Craig McClelland of Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers.
- Change To The Small Firm Category
- Andy Starck of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Starck Real Estate will be replacing Christina Ishibashi Bonner of Pacific Union International in the small firm category. Starck will join the board along with returning managers Mitch Ribak of Tropical Realty & Investments of Brevard and Paul Wells of RE/MAX of Barrington.
- Change To The Independent Manager Category
- Craig Cheatham of The Realty Alliance has been appointed to an Independent Manager position for a two-year term, alongside Alon Chaver of HomeServices of America.
About Broker Public Portal
Broker Public Portal, LLC is a collaborative venture between real estate brokerages and MLSs to create a national consumer home search experience defined by simplicity, integrity and common sense. The portal aims to provide consumers with direct access to the most comprehensive, timely, and complete property information while adhering to fair display guidelines. More information can be found at www.brokerpublicportal.com and www.homesnap.com/bpp.
Homesnap, the public face of the Broker Public Portal, is the highest-rated mobile real estate app, used by millions of consumers to explore homes and search listings. Homesnap Pro, the professional version of Homesnap, is the fastest-growing mobile app for agents – now available to every agent in over 60 MLSs with over 550,000 members. Both are powered by a specialized homes database that combines MLS data, property tax records, census data, geographic boundaries and more. More information can be found at www.homesnap.com.
For Broker Public Portal:
Phone: (206) 866-1220
Phone: (202) 271-3914