Ask the MLS: Meet Lauren Hansen of IRES
Welcome to another edition of “Ask the MLS.” Here, we talk to people running innovative MLSs around the country and ask them questions about their markets, their members and what keeps them up at night.
Today’s post features Lauren Hansen, CEO of Information and Real Estate Services (IRES). IRES serves more than 7,000 agents in Northern Colorado. IRES launched Homesnap Pro in October 2018 and is a member of the Broker Public Portal. Here’s what Lauren had to say:
1. What is the best way for IRES to stay in touch with its subscribers? What’s working?
Fortunately, our customers are not shy when they have a question or comment. We support and maintain several communication channels: live chat, one-question polls we create on the home screen of our MLS system, eNews, training classes and social media are a few examples.
2. You are in the middle of a very hot real estate market. What are the best ways for agents to stay competitive when there is low inventory and a lot of competition for clients and listings?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution in our industry. Since relationships are at the core of real estate, connecting with your community — however you define that — is key.
It may be through networking with peers, volunteering, becoming a social media guru, or getting involved in local issues, schools or non-profits. Find your passion and the rest follows.
3. How would you define the role of the real estate agent today, given all of the tools and information available to consumers searching for homes?
Some have coined the term “concierge” and I think that description is fitting. It means being knowledgeable about a multitude of facets surrounding a home purchase from soup to nuts. Consumers do have access to more information, but they will likely need help interpreting it and verifying its accuracy.
4. You recently joined the BPP and introduced Homesnap Pro to your market. What value do the BPP and Homesnap bring to IRES and its subscribers?
The App Store ratings for Homesnap speak volumes (4.8 stars) and our adoption rate exceeds projections. It’s been a huge success in our market and a welcome addition to our buffet of offerings.
5. Self-driving cars — the future, or a pipe dream?
Definitely the future. Even more intriguing to me are flying cars. The Jetsons were using them in the 1960s so it’s about time!